Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Think Tank Tuesdays: Gay or Not?

Here's the Think Tank question of the day, if a man has sex with a man, does that make him gay? The answer to me is obviously 'YES' but according to MTV's "The Real World" cast member Marlon Williams, the answer is 'no.' Check this out:

 [The Advocate: OK, this is awkward. MTV tells us “Marlon has had intercourse with a man before and does identify with being bisexual. But he says that he is more attracted to women and doesn’t think he would be with a man again.” We could just take their word for it, but we’d rather you tell us yourself how you identify and why. 

Marlon WIlliams: Well, I don’t consider myself bisexual, because I’m not sexually attracted to men. I did have sex with a man but my reasoning for it was different. It was in a hectic time of my life filled with fighting a lot of life battles. I was just making a lot of decisions that I would not normally make. At that time in my life the gay community embraced me, and it is one of those things that just happened. I have nothing against people who are bisexual or gay, but that is not my preference. 

How do women react when you tell them?

That’s funny, because it’s not a part of my conversations with women. It hasn’t really come up with any of the females I’ve been involved with. Most women I’ve been interested in lately don’t even care. I mean, whatever your sexual orientation is who cares? If you’re happy that is all that matters.]  source: advocate.com  picture source: vevmo.com

 Anybody buying Marlon's reasoning behind his explanation? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below or on Twitter #ThinkTankTuesdays

Follow me on Twitter @bigjyesupreme

No comments:

Post a Comment