Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"Haitian Joke" Gone Wrong


DJ Cipha Sounds is finding himself in hot water for this racist comment he made on his Hot 97 show, "The Cipha Sounds and Rosenberg Show": "The reason I’m HIV negative is cause I don’t mess with Haitian girls.” In his apology he states, "“I made a stupid, tasteless joke that was a one-liner that was taken totally the wrong way...I want to say sincerely that I apologize. I do nothing but rep for the Haitian people, but I said something stupid that I’m embarrassed about.” DJ Cipha Sounds has since been suspended following angry listeners blowing up the radio station's phone lines. Read more about it here.

Now I don't know about you, but that didn't sound like a 'one-liner' to me. In my opinion that's the way dude feels and he spoke what he thinks about Haitian women. What do you think? Do you see the humor in his comment? Let me know @bigjyesupreme

No comments:

Post a Comment