Friday, April 1, 2011

Fat Ho....Burgers?

I'll admit, when I first saw the name I was hoping (more like praying) that this was NOT a black establishment. Seriously! I was hoping that maybe this was a Chinese burger place ran by a man whose last name was 'Ho'. When I saw the pictures my heart dropped. The owner says she used the name to get people's attention, but the question I have is what good is success if you lose your dignity in the process? I guess this is just a glimpse into the future as more of our black youth accept being referred to as derogatory terms. What's next? "Coon candy", "Porch Monkey Market", "Nigga Nuggets"? My people we MUST do better. The white guy's comment says it all. When asked about the name he answers, "I think it's a great idea. I mean look at the customers and everything," SMH! Read the story here!

No comments:

Post a Comment