Tuesday, June 26, 2012

3 Reasons I Agree With 50 Cent On "Last Train To Paris" Being Wack

50 Cent went on record as saying Diddy Dirty Money's "Last Train To Paris" was wack in a  Power 92 interview. Now most people will hear that and attribute it to 50 going back to his bully antics, but I say he's on to something. The album had the potential to be something big, but there were a few things I felt held it back from being the album of the year. Here are my 3 three reasons why I agree with 50 to a certain extent.
I say to a certain extent because I did like the songs, music, production and performances, but there were things that stuck out like a sore thumb to me that prevented me from completely giving the project a thumbs up, and here they are:

  1. Same ol' "Diddy Bop"- There was no visual difference between how Diddy usually looks does and  the "Last Train To Paris" project. Even Beyonce changes things up when she unleashes Sasha Fierce. You'd think a project that used various elements from other genres of music like Eurodance and Techno House would inspire a new look for the entertainer. Had it been up to me everything would have been more upscale -- Diddy would perform only in suits and the ladies in something classy yet edgy and very sexy.


  2.  Ghostwriters too obvious- This is what killed it for me. I may not know every ghostwriter he used, but the one that's as obvious as a bad weave job is Rick Ross.  Diddy had no shame sounding just like Ross right down to the signature grunt. What I found even odd was they were both on a track together and Diddy spittin' a verse that Ross obviously wrote. I was left thinking why not use a different ghostwriter on that track or just give the whole thing to Ross? 


  3. Same ol' "Diddy Bop" part deux: Diddy should have committed to autotuning --ahem-- singing and let his ghostwriters make appearances and spitting what they wrote for him. This would have truly given his fans something different and new from him. 

 Follow me on Twitter @bigjyesupreme

No comments:

Post a Comment