Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Are Gun Laws Government Sponsored Racism?

Garry McCarthy thinks gun laws are government sponsored racism, and shared his thoughts on the subject at a black church.
“So here’s what I want to tell you. See, let’s see if we can make a connection here. Slavery. Segregation. Black codes. Jim Crow. What did they all have in common? Anybody getting’ scared? Government sponsored racism. I told you I wasn’t afraid [of race]. I told you I wasn’t afraid.”Now I want you to connect one more dot on that chain of the African American history in this country, and tell me if I’m crazy: Federal gun laws that facilitate the flow of illegal firearms into our urban centers across this country, that are killing our black and brown children.”
Check out the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment